Ms. Decker is a Principal and the Chief Operating Officer of AEA Group. She is skilled in and has provided consulting services, including both disputes and investigations, with issues involving business valuations, lost profits, insolvency, intellectual property, contracts, fiduciary duties, risk management, employment, investments, and white collar crime. She has reconstructed accounting records, traced the flow of cash and inspected records to determine if fraud exists. She has performed profitability analyses for start-up ventures in a wide variety of industries. She has experience in performing fraud risk assessments and developing anti-fraud programs. She is the Firm's practice area leader in healthcare and has widespread industry knowledge that includes experience in insurance, banking and manufacturing, among others.
Ms. Decker has been active in assisting attorneys with many phases of the discovery process. She is proficient in identifying the types of information needed to develop expert opinions, as well as evaluating information produced during discovery. She also has significant experience assisting attorneys with depositions of opposing parties as well as assisting with the actual deposition.
Prior to joining the firm, she was the Controller of the Catholic Diocese of Memphis, Tennessee. In this capacity she was responsible for internal and external audits, maintaining banking relationships, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, investments and pension plans. She is also a former senior assurance staff member of Rhea & Ivy PLC, now Dixon Hughes Goodman, where she was responsible for engagements in various industries including hospitality, real estate, and manufacturing.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Professional & Business Affiliations
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Member, The American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Lawyer's Association for Women – Marion Griffin Chapter, Nashville
- Turnaround Management Association - Tennessee Chapter
- Masters of Taxation, University of Mississippi, 2002
- Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting, University of Central Arkansas, 2001
Community & Civic Affiliations
- Member, The Junior League of Nashville
- Past Member, The Service Guild of Birmingham
Seminars & Lectures
- Lecturer on Top 10 Things to Know about Fraud – 2012 Cumberland Law School Continuing Education Seminar and Construction Financial Management Association, Birmingham, Alabama