Steve P. Lovoy, Jr.
Mr. Lovoy is a Principal at AEA Group. Since joining AEA, he has provided clients with forensic accounting, financial investigation and valuation services in the banking, construction, real estate, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, and public sector industries. He is experienced in the evaluation of contracts, complex transactions and ownership interests as well as tracing the flow of cash and determining the sources and uses of funds. He has also counseled clients in matters involving distressed, insolvent, and financially troubled businesses. Mr. Lovoy has determined the financial feasibility of turnaround plans; investigated potentially fraudulent transfers made by debtors; analyzed the course of dealings between debtor/creditor and valued the consideration received when debtors transferred assets.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lovoy was a senior associate in KPMG, LLP’s transaction services practice out of Atlanta where he represented clients in the manufacturing, software, healthcare, retail, and financial services industries. He assisted financial and strategic clients in acquisitions, carve-outs and restructurings on national and international levels, with a primary focus on financial due diligence. During such engagements, Mr. Lovoy served as an engagement leader and team member conducting detailed financial analysis, management interviews, analysis of purchase agreements and industry research in order to identify key value drivers, earnings adjustments and potential issues. Prior to joining the transaction services practice, he worked in KPMG’s audit practice in Birmingham where he served clients in the financial services, manufacturing, retail and real estate industries.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Professional & Business Affiliations
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Section
- Member, Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Turnaround Management Association - Alabama Chapter, 2013 Treasurer
- Associate Member, American Bar Association Construction Forum
- Master of Accountancy, University of Alabama, 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Business Administration, University of Alabama, 2004
Community & Civic Affiliations
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- The Bell Center Tailgate Challenge Committee
Seminars & Lectures
- Co-Lecturer, “High Profile Frauds Exposed: The Common Success Attributes of Big Money Fraudsters and What Led to their Demise”, 2010 Cumberland Law School Continuing Legal Education Series
- Co-Lecturer, "Top 10 Things Contractors Need to Know About Fraud," 2012 Atlanta Bar Association Construction Law Section